3 January 2026 | Dubai. UAE [ Posted at 6:00 pm ]
Venezuela was forced into fresh turmoil early Saturday after the US President Donald Trump announced that American forces had conducted a large-scale strike against the country. Moreover, he claimed that Venezuelan President Nicolás Maduro and his wife, Cilia Flores, had been “captured and flown out of the country.”
Explosions Heard Across Caracas
According to the CNN journalists, loud explosions were heard across Caracas around 2 a.m. local time. Moreover, many neighbourhoods experienced power outages, especially in the southern parts of the capital near a major military base. Videos circulating on social media showed fires, smoke plumes, and flashes of lightning in the night sky. However, low-flying aircraft and helicopters were heard overhead.
CNN correspondents reported that a minimum of areas of the city were left without electricity after the blast. Despite the initial chaos, the situation in the city became calm a few hours later. Still, state television is urging citizens to stay indoors because security forces were deployed throughout the country.
Read more – Who is the Chelsea New Manager?
Trump Claims Maduro Has Been Captured

President Trump said in a Truth Social post that the United States had successfully conducted a large-scale strike against Venezuela and its leader. Furthermore, he added that Maduro and his wife have been captured and removed from the nation. He described the mission as a brilliant operation in a later interview. Plus, he praised the US troops and planning efforts.
The US Media outlets, including CBS News, also reported that the elite US Army Delta Force carried out the operation to capture Maduro. Moreover, Republican Senator Mike Lee later said Secretary of State Marco Rubio told him that no further military action was expected now that Maduro was in US custody and would be transported to the United States to face criminal charges.
Read more – Trump’s $100,000 H-1B Visa Fee and Project Firewall Spark Concerns Among Indian Tech Workers
Venezuelan Government Demands Proof of Life

Venezuela’s Vice President Delcy Rodríguez also appeared on the state-run television. She said that the government did not know the whereabouts of Maduro or First Lady Cilia Flores. Moreover, she demanded immediate proof of life from Washington and called the US action a grave violation of national sovereignty.
The government has also issued a statement condemning what it described as extremely serious military aggression by the United States against its country and its people. A national emergency was also declared by referring to as a state of external commotion.
Read more – Dense Fog Triggers Red and Yellow Warnings Across Abu Dhabi, Dubai
Military Deployment and Resistance

Defence Minister Vladimir Padrino López has also announced a massive deployment of military forces across Venezuela. He requested calm but warned that the nation would resist what he called the worst aggression in its history in a video message. However, he claimed the troops were acting under the orders of Maduro. Still, he did not address the report of the president’s capture.
According to the official statement, the states of Miranda, Aragua, and La Guaira also reported the attacks.
Read more – UAE Public Holidays 2026 Calendar: Full List, Eid Al Fitr Dates & Long Weekends
Background: Drug Trafficking Allegations and US Pressure
The strike comes after months of escalating pressure from the Trump administration. However, Washington has accused the president of leading a drug trafficking network known as the “Cártel de Los Soles” and collaborating with armed groups such as Colombia’s FARC. In contrast, Maduro has consistently accused the US of seeking regime change because his country has the largest proven oil reserves in the world.
He was indicted in the US court in 2020 on narco-terrorism charges. Moreover, the US had placed a $50 million bounty on information leading to his capture. In addition, American forces seized oil tankers, destroyed more than 30 boats allegedly used for drug smuggling, and enforced a de facto oil blockade on Venezuela in recent weeks.
International and Regional Implications
The US has not conducted such a military intervention in a Latin American country since the 1989 invasion of Panama. However, the sudden escalation has raised concerns about regional stability, potential retaliation, and the legality of the operation.
The article will be updated when more information emerges.
Read more – Detailed New Parking Fees for International City Dubai


